portfolio

39 North Narberth Avenue • Narberth • PA • 19072

Copyright © 2009 Philip Ivory Architects | All rights reserved

This 1900’s stone colonial, located in suburban Philadelphia, underwent a two-phase renovation.

The first phase of construction included the renovation of existing space as well as a large addition to create a kitchen, family room, and entry area. While the goal was to make the new work seamless with the original, the new floor plan had to be dramatically altered to accommodate the client’s program.

The new spaces incorporate the use of antique wood flooring, recycled barn trusses, extensive stone work, and custom cabinetry. Special effort was required to minimize the visual presence of new heating and air conditioning systems. Wherever possible and appropriate, the details of the original woodwork were matched in the new wood construction.

The final interior spaces serve as a striking setting for the client’s extensive antique collection, while the new exterior massing and finishes present a respectful addendum to the original structure.

Haverford Residence

about usPhilip_Ivory_Architects_-_About_us.htmlPhilip_Ivory_Architects_-_About_us.htmlshapeimage_10_link_0